A Dedicated Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
We Help You Understand Work Injuries
Workers’ compensation helps employees recover wages they lose as the result of injuries sustained in the course of employment. If you suffer an injury while at work, you may have the right to receive workers’ compensation. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer will draw a clear connection between the circumstances of your injury and the relation to your job. DeMoor Law Firm, LLC, has many years of experience arguing these cases.
How to Handle a Work Injury
Contrary to popular belief, eligibility for workers’ compensation is not limited to the workplace itself. It extends to injuries sustained while you are completing tasks for your employer. This does not have to take place on company-owned property.
Actions to Take Following a Work Injury
Setting yourself up for success starts even before you hire a workers’ compensation lawyer. It is imperative to take the following steps after a work injury:
- To protect your rights, report your injury to your supervisor as soon as possible and in writing, if possible.
- Tell your supervisor how, when and where your injury occurred.
- Seek prompt medical attention from a health care provider, authorized by the employer.
- Inform your employer about your medical condition and when you can return to work.
We Will Protect You From Employer Retaliation
Employers are not permitted to do the following when you attempt to claim workers’ compensation benefits:
- Take the cost of workers’ compensation insurance from your wages
- Prevent you from filing for workers’ compensation benefits
- Take action against you for filing for benefits and for hiring an attorney
Let Us Help to Secure Your Benefits
You will greatly improve your chances of securing workers’ compensation benefits when you place your case in the capable hands of DeMoor Law Firm, LLC. We have vast experience in workers’ compensation cases, sharpening our expertise in this area of law. Take proactive steps today by speaking to our workers’ compensation lawyer. Call us at (314) 540-5350 or submit our online contact form.